At first, during the concept phase, we established the essential methodological cornerstones. The focus was on the following further activities:
- Methodological concept design
- Development of a software tool for funds transfer pricing
- Selection of pilot markets for testing
- Creation of training documents
Subsequently, we prepared the rollout for the international subsidiaries. In this context, the composition of the two project teams proved to be particularly important.
In the first step of the rollout, VW FS AG initially implemented the extended controlling concept in the pilot markets. The following tasks were carried out on site:
- Survey of the status quo with regard to content, process and organizational design as well as IT implementation (data availability and IT systems)
- Gap analysis and derivation of the need for action
- Preparation of the necessary decisions for the implementation of the extended controlling concept, including
- customization of local IT solutions
- application of the zeb software tool
- specifications or the criteria catalog for the parameterization of non-interest bearing positions
- Training of the relevant employees to build up the necessary specialist know-how in the international subsidiaries
Once the optimization potential identified in the pilot phase had been realized, the extended controlling concept was implemented in a further 18 international subsidiaries of VW FS AG.